I wish Interactive Whiteboards (IWBs)were around when I was in school. They are amazing and hope I get to experience using them on one of my prac placements. From the videos we can see IWBs:
1. Have unlimited uses and it is wonderful seeing children getting excited and aching to have a turn using one.
2. Encourage shy students to "come out of their shell"
3. Technology is all in one place
4. Can be used as a revision tool
5. Result in students becoming competitive with themself and others
6. Can be used for literacy, numeracy, music and spelling tests
7. Engage students and they want to be involoved
8. Develop a "Community of practice"
9. Hands-on, student-centred learning
10. "makes ordinary teaching extraodinary"
My only concern is the time it will take me to learn how to use an IWB??? At least I will know many other ICTs I can used in the classroom, so I won't need to worry about learning these from scratch before employing them.