My Learning Journey in ICTs for Learning Design



Welcome to my Blog

Hmmmmmm.....

Hmmmmmm.....
Photo courtesy of Flickr. Retreived 11th April 2010

Saturday, April 17, 2010

Lynch’s Eight Learning Management Questions

It is suggested teachers ask themselves the following eight questions when they are preparing an activity for their learners-
1. What do my students already know? (ie establish what learner already knows)
2. Where does my learner need to be? (ie use the curriculum and DoL 2 to set goals)
3. How best does my learner learn? (ie different learning styles of my learner- visual, kinaesthetic, verbal, written)
4. What resources do I have at my disposal? (ie ICTs, human, books, articles etc)
5. What will constitute the learning journey? (ie an authentic task so students can work as a team producing a solution to a real problem)
6. Who will do what? (ie identify the leaders and who will aid in the learning journey- family, friends, business, industry etc)
7. How will I check to see if my learner has succeeded? (ie use formative and summative assessment with rubrics and feedback)
8. How will I inform the learner of their progress? (ie reporting of student’s learning experience- journals, portfolios etc)

Without asking these questions along with the Dimensions of Learning framework teachers will not be able to provide students with a meaningful learning experience.

Reference:
Smith, R., Lynch, D. & Meinczakowski, . (2003). "The bachelor of learning management (BLM) in education capability", Change: Tranformations in Education, (6) (2): 23-37. Retrieved March 15, 2010 from http://moodle.cqu.edu.au/mod/resource/view.php?id=44465

No comments:

Post a Comment

Project Learning